#320 – Ray Made A Friend
Ray and Cer discuss the Activision/Blizzard earnings call, Overwatch League updates, Starcraft source code, and much more ridiculous crap!
- Man gets shot in the dick
- In what might be one of the most embarrassing mishaps that could possibly happen to you, getting shot in the dick while exiting your own car might be one of them.
- A man simply getting out of his car shot himself through his right thigh and ding-dong.
- The amazing part is he managed to walk a little bit after it happened.
Gaming, Geek & Random News
- Can video games save your life? Well.. sorta
- A man sitting in his apartment, heard a sudden pop noise, quickly looking to his left he saw an apparent bullet hole in the middle of his Elder Scrolls anthology set.
- The stray bullet came through a wall and into the game set, sitting directly in front of the man.
- Activision Blizzard Earnings Call
- Activision Blizzard had 431 million Monthly Active Users in the quarter.
- Blizzard’s revenues from in-game content grew more than 25% year-over-year, driven by revenues from World of Warcraft in-game content and continued strength of Overwatch customization items.
- Overwatch has become a billion dollar franchise
- Dolphins & Patriots Owners Spend Millions to Get into Overwatch League
- Bobby Kotick, the CEO of Activision Blizzard, is said to have landed these Overwatch League deals directly and he has been involved in making pitches to sports franchise owners.
- As part of the promotional push for Overwatch and the league, Blizzard has been talking up the standard of play in the game, such as claiming that around 75,000 of the game’s 30 million player base are playing at a professional standard.
- Guy finds Starcraft source code cd, returns it to Blizzard and gets a free trip to blizzcon
- A reddit poster bought a box of “Blizzard Stuff” off of ebay, and was shocked to find a CD that read “Starcraft Gold Master Source code”.
- Source code is a game’s underlying programming before it’s ever compiled and released. It’s often proprietary and is rarely made available to the public for fear of revealing company secrets.
- The user, after being contacted by Blizzard directly, sought out legal advice, and in the end decided simply to return it.
- Blizzard in great appreciation sent him a copy of Overwatch, $250 in blizzard store credit, and an all expenses paid trip to Blizzcon.
- twitter: @rayfyst
- Steam: Rayfyst
- XboxLive: Rayfyst
- Twitter: @ceraphus
- XBOX Live: Amish Mafia
- PSN: CeraphusPrime
- Steam: Ceraphus
- Twitter: @itsxia
- Twitter: @Mr_Hasu
- WEB: thesundering.net
- Twitter: @thesundering
- Youtube: Youtube.com/TheSunderingPodcast
- Steam Group: The Sundering
- The Sundering Discord: https://discord.gg/G3xrPxk
- Phone Number: 323-SUNDER-0 or 323-786-3370
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Member of D20 Catalyst part of the d20 crit network
- Our Intro is courtesy of Boxing Fox